The objective of Advanced Player Development Scheme is to provide
direction and support to the most talented players in the state in the
age groups of 14 to 18. The goal is to make some of them world class.
The program was inaugurated in April 2000. This program has three major
1) Advanced Player Development Scheme (APDS)
- Potential players in Tamil Nadu are selected on merit by an Expert
- The selected players are provided with equipment and clothing kits.
- A tournament schedule is chartered out that includes both national
and international level tournaments for the players and provides complete
financial support for it. Players having achieved a certain level
in their own age groups are encouraged to challenge the next level
- Coaching camps are scheduled in coordination with the player’s
coaches. Tennis coaching, training, tournaments, and equipments are
always selected economically. They emphasize on reaping individual
benefit from all kinds of opportunities that have been provided with.
- Assessments of the player’s progress are made on an annual
2)Tournament Schedule –
- TNTA will make efforts to structure a good tournament schedule for
the players taking into account factors such as weather conditions,
education requirements, financial feasibility, etc. .
- These tournaments will be carried out with the assistance of clubs,
coaching academies, schools and colleges.
3) Infrastructure Development –
- The office is provided with good IT equipment that helps track the
performance of all promising young players in the state.
- TNTA along with the support of the Government of Tamil Nadu will
attempt to increase tennis facilities in the state.